Our client, a leading independent provider of actuarial, administration and consultancy services in the UK have a superb opportunity for a Senior Pension Plan Accountant to join their friendly and dynamic pensions accounts team.
Your role will focus on maintaining an efficient pension accounting service to allocated clients and as a senior member of the team, to support and assist junior colleagues.
You will be proactive and self-motivated and once you’ve gained an understanding of our clients and have received training on our accounts system you’ll be able to work with little supervision to meet deadlines.
Your key responsibilities will include:
The Senior Pension Fund Accountant responsibilities would include:
• Oversee preparation and review of complex client annual Pension Scheme Trustee Report and Accounts in line with latest SORP.
· Work collaboratively with partners, consultants and administrators.
· Manage audit relationship, resolve queries and ensure audit sign off.
· Ensure compliance with statutory deadlines and deadlines specified within client agreements.
• Attend client Trustee meetings to present Report and Accounts for signing (where relevant)
• Implement changes in line with statutory legislation and Accounting Standards of Recommended Practice.
• Provides comfort and confidence in the Finance Manager and Assistant Finance Manger to manage their portfolio of clients, ensure work is completed on time and to the highest standard without any prompting.
• Maintain nominal and investment ledgers for each client in order to prepare financial statements.
• Liaise with Investment Managers and Global Custodians to ensure investment portfolio accounting is delivered in line with SORP and Scheme accounting policies.
• Complete HMRC Self-Assessment Forms for Trustees to sign.
• Review and prepare quarterly financial statements (where relevant).
• Review cash flow forecasting, management accounts and budgeting (where relevant).
• Complete and submit VAT returns (where relevant).
• Complete and submit ONS returns (where relevant)
• Will have staff management responsibilities and will coach, mentor and line manage junior members of staff and take responsibility for their progress and development including CDR’s, performance management, business cases for promotion and salary review proposals/conversations.
• Takes ownership and become a champion in an area of accounts for the wider team, create a plan for what they will do, when and what they will share/train the team on.
• Prepare financial information (including budgets, income and expenditure monitoring and analysis etc.) in respect of the Practice for internal use.
• Assist with fee quotes and tender responses for accounting services.
• Administration consultancy support (e.g. auditor reviews, operational cost analysis/reviews).
• Confident in being involved in new client pitches.
• Attends networking events and build their network and profile within the industry.
It is essential that you have working knowledge of pension scheme accounts ideally in accounts preparation however experience with pension fund account auditing would be very useful. In addition you should be have the following skills:
• Qualified/Part qualified, AAT. ACCA. CIMA or AAT or QBE
• Maths at A level (or equivalent).
• Strong numerical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Speed and accuracy of work.
• Rational problem solver.
• Establishes great working relationships with key stakeholders to enhance quality of service
• Maintains a consistent level of professionalism across all roles and responsibilities
Candidates can expect a highly competitive salary and award winning benefits package and the opportunity for career development within this award winning, growing and inspiring company. Successful candidates part qualified through ACCA, will have the opportunity for sponsorship to complete their professional qualifications.
The role is being offered on a hybrid basis with availability for the office based element to be in one of 4 locations throughout the UK. Birmingham, London, Glasgow or Edinburgh.
If you feel you have the skills our client is looking for, please contact us today on 0121-684 1555 for a discussion in complete confidence about the role and the company. Alternatively, send an up to date CV to email@example.com, quoting the job reference and indicating your salary expectations