Our client, one of the leading pensions consultancies, have a superb opportunity in one of four locations for a Transfer Specialist. Within this role you will work as part of a dynamic administration business unit, as a member of the Quality Assurance and Risk Team, servicing both Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contribution (DC) pension arrangements, protecting schemes and members through performing due diligence checks on transfers and other transactions, analysing trends and ensuring compliance with latest legislation, risk and fraud prevention measures and Industry best practice.
On a day-to-day basis the key responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Analyse transactional data and monitor adviser, introducer and receiving scheme activity for signs of risk.
• Review and timely investigation of potential transfer scam referrals from the Administration Teams, including gaining an understanding of the full history of the case, performing due diligence checks, and establishing what further actions / evidence may be required.
• Perform due diligence checks on parties involved in a transfer including against internal lists of known advisers, schemes and individuals (whilst adhering to data protection requirements), and the FCA warning list, recording outcomes of due diligence in a way that avoids future re-review of the same agencies. Responsible for ongoing maintenance of internal lists.
• Perform due diligence telephone checks with the member (if required), documenting the call held. If escalation is required, document the decision making required to ensure there is a clear audit trail of all investigations and actions undertaken.
• Discussing potential concerns of a pension transfer with the member, documenting the outcome of that conversation.
• Assist in the completion of reports of concerns and actual frauds / scams that may need to be reported to the authorities
• Participation in relevant industry forums, keeping abreast of changes in the industry relating to pension transfers and pension transfer scams, and making recommendations for changes to controls and procedures as a result of this intelligence.
• Liaison with the Administration Teams, Information Security, Legal and Compliance Teams on individual cases as required.
• Draft related Management Information Reports for the TPA Leadership Team and prepares relevant data.
• Set up, maintain and develop internal procedures and working practices specific to pension transfers (including fraud prevention) and sharing these with the team(s).
• Supporting the Admin Teams and Technical Experts in performing related duties.
• Where appropriate, maintain and update member records on the administration database.
• Complete all processes in accordance with TPA target and client agreed service levels and exact timescales, subject to the activities required for any potential fraud or scams investigation
• Provides a timely, efficient, professional, and personal service to meet the needs of all our clients / members external and internal and agreed service levels, whilst meeting any regulatory requirements.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge:
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Proven experience of working within the pensions industry and pensions administration, with ownership of day-to-day risk detection, specifically pension transfer scams.
• Working knowledge of financial crime legislation and regulatory requirements
• Understand the compliance regimes and best practice relating to pensions transfers (e.g. tPR, PASA and PSIG guidance), as well as having a working knowledge of the FCA and its database.
• Acts as an escalation point of reference for staff for day to day queries relating to pension transfer scams and related risk prevention procedures.
• Takes the lead in more complex work as and when required.
• Maintains a good working knowledge of all relevant systems and products.
• Proactively seeks to develop own career by furthering technical knowledge, improving technical processes and procedures, developing commercial awareness, and maintaining client service excellence
• Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
• Experience of people, team and workflow management and compliance with service quality standards (desirable).
• Good IT skills, including working with Microsoft Office and experience of using fraud management solutions.
• Communicates clearly and concisely both orally and in writing and demonstrates effective communication with clients/members
• A self-starter who can manage themselves, is proactive, motivated and flexible
• Plans and organises time and workload effectively, is able to juggle priorities and work well under pressure.
• Excellent attention to detail; able to work quickly and accurately.
• A strong team member and works in a consultative, collaborative manner with others.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive salary and award-winning benefits package, including full study support where applicable. The firm is committed to the personal and career development of all employees and this position offers excellent growth potential within a dynamic and growing organisation.