Our client, one of the Leading independent UK pensions consultancies has a superb opportunity for an experienced pensions professional to join their team in the capacity of Team Leader on their specialised pensions projects department.
The projects team provides support to the on-going administration teams by carrying out administration project work on both a regular basis and as required on an ad-hoc basis. The primary focus for a Team Leader will be on Team and Staff Management to support the team to meet the clients’ and day to day teams’ needs.
Day to day responsibilities include:
· Take responsibility for team workload and activity
· Monitor the team’s performance against project deadlines, Service Level Agreements and budgets
· Motivate and facilitate effective team working and ensure the team looks for efficiency gains
· Take responsibility for ensuring team members meet quality standards by adhering to policies and procedures
· Hold regular meetings with all team members to discuss workloads etc.
· Attend Client Review Meetings to discuss client issues, project progress etc.
· Work with the Pension Administration Associate or Partner to ensure that team members are performing effectively, identifying development needs, providing coaching and training where necessary
· Undertake PDRs for all team members
· Attend client and prospect meetings
· Check complex work of other team members, promote efficiency and ensure accuracy and compliance with scheme rules, procedures and legislation
· Communicate with administration teams, actuaries, clients, their employees and former employees and advisers as appropriate
· Provide input into new procedures being developed to improve efficiencies of project work, roll out to teams
The following candidate’s skills are essential:
· You will be educated to degree level or equivalent and will ideally have progressed with Professional pensions examinations.
· You will have demonstrable pension administration experience with up to date technical and procedural knowledge of pensions scheme management and proven supervisory experience.
· A strong knowledge of Microsoft applications particularly with Excel.
· Ideally you will have an understanding of Prince2 project management methodologies
· You will have excellent verbal, written and financial skills.
· You will have the ability to establish and continue good working relationships and the ability to work effectively under pressure when required.
· You will be self-motivated and committed to maintain professional and ethical standards
There is a very competitive benefits package available to the successful candidate including:
· Flexible working opportunities
· A flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
· A wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
· Career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development
If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion about the role and the company. Alternatively, please send in your CV to email@example.com quoting the job reference and indicating your salary expectations.