Our client a leading and respected firm of pensions and consulting actuaries have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Systems Analyst / Developer to join the Systems Team within their Third Party Administration (TPA) practice in Birmingham. Ongoing growth in the team and the need for dedicated systems support has resulted in the creation of this new role. The individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining a workflow and document management based application, with a strong focus on improving operational performance through process mapping and automation.
- Drive automation and efficiency through process map re-engineering.
- Improve functionality of TPA systems in close consultation with the business and end users.
- Focused application development and support.
- Troubleshoot software application issues.
- Provide a high quality support service to TPA system users.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the TPA team and colleagues across the firm.
- Undertake some travel to other offices as and when required.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- First class organisational skills and able to remain calm under pressure to
- Enjoys working to tight deadlines.
- A strong ‘can do’ attitude and works in a partnering and collaborative manner.
- An effective team player.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge of Agile development principles.
- An understanding of object oriented design & software development methodologies.
- Previous use of SQL.
- Experience of Object Oriented languages such as C++ or Java.
- Experience around workflow development/business process mapping.
- Broad understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- An understanding of the UK pensions industry would be advantageous but not essential.
As well as an excellent benefits package and working for one of the best in the industry, you will enjoy working in a superb working environment with a popular supportive and professional team.