Our client have an excellent opportunity to join a professional and focused in house team based in the Catford area, initially on a fixed term contract basis but with the potential of the role extending with upcoming projects.
The role is in general terms to provide a professional, customer focused, efficient and effective pension service to a range of stakeholders. To understand and apply regulations to calculate pension benefits under the Scheme and to reconcile income and expenditure to the Pension Fund bank accounts. To provide support to all project work.
On a day to day basis the role will include the following:
1. To provide good general Pensions advice to a range of internal and external customers including schools relating to the administration of the pension arrangements
2. To work with senior pensions staff and other officers below service group manager level to resolve
detailed issues on calculations and reconciliations as required.
3. To solve problems in a creative way ensuring workable and timely resolutions.
4. To accurately calculate pension benefits relating to the administration of the scheme and to process pensions payments in accordance with Financial Regulations.
5. To process financial transactions promptly and accurately and maintain accurate and detailed records.
6. Maintain effective control systems and advise management of exceptions accordingly.
Ideally candidates will have experience of local government pension schemes and also experience in pensions within a large and complex organisation and include skills of producing Pension calculations, understanding and applying complex legislation and guidance, interpreting, communicating and applying the pension regulations and of training staff, ensuring compliance to procedures.
Initially the role is for a 6 month FTC carrying an above average salary/hourly rate.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and would like to apply for the role, please send your CV quoting the above reference to email@example.com or call us on 0121-684 1555 where we can provide more information about the role and the potential for extension of the FTC.