We have an excellent opportunity for an experience pensions administrator looking for an opportunity to gain in house experience to develop their career and skill base.
Our client, a leading national institution, have an opportunity for a senior pensions administrator to join their in house team.
You will have a minimum of 4 years experience in the industry and have a solid grounding in pensions administration from either in house or third party operations. You will have sound technical knowledge and will be able to confidently calculate all types of members movements. Ideally you will be studying towards professional examinations.
The main responsibility of the role is to undertake day to day duties in relation to pension scheme administration and be the first point of contact for scheme members and their dependants. You will need to be able to respond to queries where able to do so and to understand when these need to be referred to a senior colleague. Other responsibilities include:
- Deal with general enquiries by telephone, email, letter or in person
- Coordinate the transfer in process between different schemes
- Ensure that pension schemes are effective and meet agreed quality, performance and customer care standards
- Maintain member records for members and to issue ‘welcome’ packs to all new employees.
- Calculate and process all member refunds and assist with the processing of transfers out of the scheme where this option is selected instead of a refund.
- Respond to queries raises by the auditors and the actuary in connection with the preparation of the annual accounts, annual valuation report and triennial actuarial valuation
- Resolve monthly queries from payroll
- Providing members and other relevant parties with information on request such as fund values, estimated benefits and various data extracts·
- Administering schemes, systems and processes, that enable administration to run efficiently, effectively and profitably
Initially this if for a fixed term contract of 6 months offering an attractive salary package.
If you want to find out more about the role and the client, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 or e mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org