Our client, one of the leading independent UK pension consultancies has a superb opportunity for an experienced administrator to join their Midlands office as a Senior Pensions Administrator.
Day to day responsibilities include:
– Managing a portfolio of clients
· Check manual and computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence for accuracy
· Check updates to the member database and computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
· Communicate with clients, their members and advisers
· Undertake a proactive client facing role, attending client meetings
· Prepare and check annual benefit statements (not applicable for PPF schemes)
· Take responsibility for ensuring the completion of the annual report and accounts within agreed timescales
· Check work of other team members, ensuring accuracy and compliance with scheme rules, procedures and legislation
· Ensure that any customer concerns or complaints are dealt with correctly and raised with the appropriate reporting Partner immediately
· Perform consultancy and trustee secretarial duties, project based and committee work, as agreed
· Maintain a clear understanding of how the PPF operates and the nature and type of compensation (specific for PPF Administration)
· Adhere to specific targets, check calculations and tasks involved in working on PPF schemes, and respond to the need for a rapid turnaround of work (specific for PPF Administration)
· Build strong, effective client and team relationships, in particular with Independent Trustees and the PPF (specific for PPF Administration)
· Deputise for the team leader as agreed
The following key skills and experience are required:
· You will have a minimum of 3 years experience in the pensions industry with up to date technical and procedural knowledge of pension scheme administration.
· You will be able to demonstrate that you have experience working in a supervisory role.
· You will have a minimum of GCSE Grade 5 or C or above in Maths and English
· Ideally you will be progressing with professional pensions examinations.
· A strong knowledge of Microsoft applications is required particularly with Excel.
· Ideally you will have some experience also with pensions payroll and accounts process
· You will have excellent verbal, written and financial skills.
· You will have the ability to establish and continue good working relationships and the ability to work effectively under pressure when required.
· You will be self-motivated and committed to maintain professional and ethical standards
There is a very competitive benefits package available to the successful candidate including:
· Flexible working opportunities
· A flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
· A wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
· Career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development
If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion about the role and the company. Alternatively, please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference and indicating your salary expectations.