Our client, a leading independent provider of pensions services, are looking to a appoint a Senior Actuarial Consultant to their PPF Actuarial team in Trustee Services.
The PPF actuarial team provides a broad range of actuarial and defined benefits pension consultancy services to pension scheme trustees, scheme sponsors and other third parties. The team also provides non-pensions actuarial analysis and advice to other parts of the firm. The role involves working jointly with colleagues in Investment Management, the business and other third parties.
Responsibilities may include reviewing data prepared by colleagues or other third parties, preparing and reviewing calculations, preparing and reviewing letters and reports for review by senior colleagues. The role will also involve aiding the development of less experienced colleagues.
• Liaising with colleagues, clients, and external third parties
• Attendance at some external meetings together with a senior colleague
• Some direct client communication via email or telephone
• Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with company standards
• Reviewing data preparation work carried out by junior colleagues, and investigating and resolving abnormalities as appropriate
• Carrying out and reviewing technical calculations relating to individual members of pension schemes for review by colleagues, e.g. auditing and rectifying benefits, equalising for GMPs, transfer values
• Carrying out and reviewing technical calculations relating to pension schemes for review by colleagues, e.g. actuarial valuations, actuarial factor reviews, transfer value basis reviews, reviews of investment strategy, employer debt calculations, unpaid contributions claims, and other actuarial costings
• Assisting other departments e.g. PPF administration or ongoing actuarial as needed
• Other ad hoc duties as designated by Actuarial Managers or Actuarial Directors
Key skills, Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
• Passes in several actuarial exams, close to part qualification as FIA or FFA
• Working knowledge of the basics of actuarial valuations, accounting disclosures under S179 or S143
• Aptitude to continue progress with actuarial exams
• Working knowledge of the basics of actuarial valuations
• Knowledge of the PPF not necessary as training will be provided, but would be an advantage
• Highly numerate, accurate, and literate
• Ability to readily absorb technical information
• Strong team-working and communication skills
• Reliable, flexible, and able to manage own work within strict deadlines
• Computer literacy including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Adhere to all relevant laws & regulations, and company Policies & Procedures
• Achieve a good standard of ethical behaviour, i.e. do the right thing at all times
• Comply with all relevant professional standards
• Comply with requirements in relation to investment work
Candidates can expect a highly competitive salary and extensive benefits package with an exceptional range of flexible benefits allowing for the personalisation of a total reward package.
If you feel you have the skills and experience our client is looking for, please contact us today on 0121- 684 1555 quoting the above role and reference number to discuss the role and client company in greater detail. Alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the above reference and indicating your salary expectations.