Our client and a respected and expanding firm of consulting actuaries who have an opportunity for an experienced pensions professional to join their Glasgow office in the role of Pensions Administration Manager. This is a superb opportunity to join the UK management board for TPA practice working closely with colleagues in Birmingham and London to improve and develop further the highly successful service provided to a growing client database. The following ideal candidate specification would contain:
* A minimum of 10 years experience from the Third Party Administration arena or a combination of TPA and In house practice.
* A successful track record of team management and a recognised team player and leader
* Demonstrable, strong and successful client relationships together with some experience or enthusiasm for new business tendering
* Progress towards or success with professional examinations
* Up to date and confident pensions technical abilities with all processes, current issues and legislation
Reporting to the Associate Practice Leader, the Administration Manager will retain and develop a portfolio of Third Party Administration clients and seek to optimise service and revenue opportunities within the location. You will ensure client satisfaction through the proactive management of internal and external client relationships
You will also take overall responsibility for the administration services provided within the location and support and encourage the administration teams through proactive and positive leadership.
Some or all of the following key responsibilities will form part of the role and is not an exhuastive list:
- Work closely with the administration teams to ensure an efficient, accurate professional service is provided to meet all client/members’ needs and to promote the brand and values.
- Take overall responsibility for an agreed list of clients, to include client relationship management where appropriate.
- Pro-actively identify areas where the service to clients could be improved and/or expanded and take action to implement accordingly.
- Review, control, implement and monitor existing operating procedures, and assist in the development and subsequent implementation of new procedures for the administration services.
- Identify and seek improvements to operational efficiency and cost reductions, to include automation and the full use of standard products.
- Be a point of reference on technical matters.
- Keep abreast of all changes in legislation, and manage the impact on client services, procedures and fees and actively communicate these to the Team Leaders and the local administration team.
- Business development activities which include preparing fee estimates for installations, participating in new business presentations and site visits and identifying opportunities for cross-selling other services to existing clients.
- Contribute to the Practice business plan and deliver on its strategy and initiatives.
- Take ownership for the implementation and delivery of delegated initiatives for the Practice as a whole.
- Participate, in the recruitment and selection process, the career development review process and the associated training and development programme for the practice.
- Manage client billing processes and prepare Management reporting information.
- Use strong, positive leadership skills to manage and develop a large team within the Third Party Administration practice.
- Deputise for the Associate Practice Leader in relation to Staff Management issues
- Ensure regular reviews and Career Development Reviews (CDR’s) are carried out and written up in a timely manner for all direct reports.
- Ensure appropriate training is provided to ensure development of direct reports, including work-related training and support in studying for professional examinations (such as PMI).
- Adhere to the firm’s Information Security standards, policies and procedures.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Susan Ford on 0121-684 1555 or alternatively, submit your CV for review and we will contact you to discuss.