Our client, one of the UK’s leading actuarial, pensions, investment and benefit consultancies, have a superb opportunity for an experienced pensions administration manager and people leader, well versed in administering Defined Contribution (DC) as well as Defined Benefit (DB) arrangements, to join their Third Party Administration team in Birmingham.
Overall responsibility and an overview of role:
• Assumes overall responsibility for a defined client portfolio, with a view to providing exceptional client service and relationship management.
• Leads and works closely with the administration Team Leaders and their teams to ensure an efficient, professional service is provided to meet all client/members’ needs and promotes company brand and values.
• Responsible for producing and maintaining annual client account plans ensuring that all regular scheme events and ad hoc projects are recorded and planned.
• Continuously reviews and monitors administration services to maintain service standards and ensures Service Level Agreement (SLA) objectives are continuously met expediently and efficiently.
• Scopes, project manages and inputs into reports for any special projects in conjunction with the client and TPA delivery leaders.
• Acts as an escalation point for client or scheme member complaints or Risk Events received by the team, investigating and taking corrective action and responding to complaints.
• Proactively develops and improves TPA service offerings with specific focus around the DC offering, regularly updating Client Directors, consultants for their clients on wider TPA developments.
The successful candidate will have:
• Proven, successful hands-on experience of administration operations management, administering large complex DC and/or hybrid arrangements is essential and includes experience of implementations, auto-enrolment, straight through payments, monthly contribution, DC reconciliation SMPI, life-styling, and investment switches as well as all other DC related projects.
• A sound knowledge and understanding of TPA best practice principles and procedures within a TPA environment.
• Up to date knowledge of developments in pensions legislation and procedures which may affect a Third Party Administration environment.
• Comprehensive understanding of service standards and statutory disclosure requirements.
• Good understanding and experience of working with pensioner payroll.
• Experience of working directly with clients to manage projects, cyclical work.
• Strong commercial awareness of the market and of the commercial aims and objectives of TPA.
• Positive, confident and innovative leader able to effectively and efficiently lead and develop teams closely aligned with the firm’s values.
• High levels of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated in the ability to build relationships, consult, influence and win buy in successfully.
• Confident and effective delegation skills.
• A team player with a motivational, hands-on approach.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including full study support where applicable. This client is committed to the personal and career development of all employees and this position offers excellent growth potential within a dynamic and growing organisation.
If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion about the role and the company. Alternatively, please send in your CV to email@example.com quoting the job reference a