Our client, a leading national institution have a superb opportunity for an experienced, senior pensions administration professional, to lead their in house pensions administration team.
You will have a minimum of 10 years experience in the industry from either third party or in house operations. You will be a confident and reliable technician, having a sound working knowlege of pensions legislation and Inland Revenue rules. You will have previously managed teams and have strong influencing and negotiating skills. You will have a working knowledge of payroll processes and desktop packages and ideally you will be qualified with PMI or studying towards qualifications.
The role is to supervise all the pensions administration functions, offer advice and training to members of the team and provide a quality service to Trustees and members of the pensions schemes. Main responsibilities would be:
- Direct management of a team of four administrators. Provision of staff supervision, training and development
- Ultimate responsibility for all calculations, advice and information given to employees and members of the various pension schemes as required
- Responsible for the production of quarterly membership statistics and management accounting information for the trustees and production of budgets for the administration service.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of projects i.e. bulk transfers, retirements for redundancy exercises, queries resulting from audits and actuarial valuations
- Management of the service level agreements, fee structures and costs for the actuary and external administrator.
- To provide support and assistance to the Pensions Accountant and to deputise as required including taking minutes at trustee meetings.
This role is initially for a 6 month fixed term contract offering an attractive salary package for the right candidate.
If you are interested in finding out more about the role and the client, please contact us today quoting the above reference number on 0121-684 1555 or e mail your CV to email@example.com