Our client, a leading independent provider of pensions services, have a superb opportunity for an experienced Pension Fund Accountant to join their respected and growing team. The role is to assist in the provision of accounting services to clients.
The Accounting Team are responsible for accurate preparation and timely production of financial statements and annual reports on behalf of pension scheme clients, plus pension scheme cash flow management, to include: Forecasting, Investments, Disinvestments, Opening Bank Accounts, Investment Switches, maintaining up to date mandates and records.
• Review, preparation, production, and completion of the annual Trustees’ Report & Accounts for clients, this will involve:
• Liaising with various third parties (i.e. investment managers, auditors and trustees)
• Completing accounting and investment reconciliations to trial balance
• Producing the Trustees’ Report & Accounts adhering to SORP guidance to ensure financial reporting standards are met
• Utilising the workflow calendar to ensure all internal and external deadlines are met during the audit process
• Ensuring the accounts are completed within the statutory deadline
• Assist with maintaining and providing monthly cash flow statements to clients as required, to include six monthly forecasts
• Setting up various payments as required using banking platform
• Assist with arranging disinvestments as and when required
• Assist with providing information to the actuaries for FRS102 figures
• Assist with any ad-hoc tasks as required
Key Skills, Experience and overarching obligations:
• AAT qualified, ACCA or ACA part or fully qualified
• Experience of drafting pension scheme accounts
• Excellent Maths GSCE/A Level results
• Adhere to all relevant laws & regulations, and Broadstone Policies & Procedures
• Achieve a good standard of ethical behaviour, i.e. do the right thing at all times
• Undertake training as and when required both on an internal and external basis
• Comply with all relevant professional standards
• Comply with the FCA’s requirements in relation to Conduct Risk & Treating Customers Fairly
Candidates can expect a highly competitive salary and extensive benefits package with an exceptional range of flexible benefits allowing for the personalisation of a total reward package.
If you feel you have the skills and experience our client is looking for, please contact us today on 0121- 684 1555 quoting the above role and reference number to discuss the role and client company in greater detail. Alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the above reference and indicating your salary expectations.