Our client, a leading global professional pensions services organisation have an opportunity for an experienced pensions professional to join their third party team as an Implementations Consultant This is initially for a 12 month contract and has become available due to success in acquiring new business and the requirement to transition and incorporate new clients and schemes within their systems network.
On a day to day basis the role will involve:
• Gathering information on technical requirements to produce a benefit basis. This will require the review of Scheme Rules and documentation, in addition to working with other parties, such as the administration team and the scheme actuary.
• Applying the intel gained from the information gathering phase and benefit basis to facilitate the creation of calculation routine specifications.
• Identification of all scenarios needed to fully test a calculation build, within a test matrix.
• Creation of calculation test cases, including expected results.
• Applies company standard processes and procedures.
• Identify and record queries/issues through the project and work with the relevant parties to ensure that they are resolved.
• Attend project meetings and provide progress updates against plan tasks/timescales.
• Work with the appropriate parties to gain the sign-off required for relevant specifications.
• Work with other project team members to ensure all deliverables are met.
• Provide the appropriate transfer of knowledge (including associated hand-over material) and support to the Administration Team.
• Identifies potential revenue opportunities, for example, non-standard or scheme specific requirements.
• Awareness of Departmental metrics and contribution towards their achievement.
• Take ownership of progressing potential improvements identified.
• Responsibility for working in accordance with the company’s risk management framework, and compliance with company policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
You will use your pensions knowledge and systems skills to provide teams with the functionality to provide a quality led and efficient administration of clients schemes. It is also expected that you will have:
• Knowledge of UK pension legislation
• Experience of working in the Pensions service industry.
• Experience of performing Defined Benefit (DB) pensions calculations for different member statuses, including contracted-out members.
• Proficiency with MS Excel
You will be an experienced pensions professional with an understanding of the calculations and administration processes involved in managing and running all types of pension scheme benefit bases. It is also essential that you have an ability to work with different types of pensions systems and are skilled at using systems to analyse and extract data.
This opportunity would suit an experienced senior administrator looking at expanding into a more project/systems related role or a skilled systems professional who has had previous experience of pensions administration.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us today on 0121-684 1555 quoting the above reference of send your CV to email@example.com, quoting the above reference and indicating your salary expectations.