Our client, a professional actuarial consultancy operation, has a superb opportunity for an experienced pension administrator to join their Birmingham City Centre team as an experienced pension administrator.
You will use your skills and knowledge in obtaining and checking pension scheme documentation for accuracy and completeness prior to its use in the writing of Expert Witness Reports by a team of Actuaries and Report writers.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge:
You will have a minimum of 3 years experience as a pension administrator either from an in house scheme, third party administrator, public sector pensions department or from within an IFA practice specialising in pensions. You will also have made progress with professional pensions qualifications.
In terms of your personal skills and abilities, the following are key requirements:
• A confident, articulate and numerate individual with an eye for attention to detail.
• Has the ability to take ownership for their own work, ensuring standards are met and deadlines are met.
• Able to work well under pressure, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
• Self-motivated, with eagerness to learn and keep up to date with developments in the pensions and divorce market.
• Possesses a very professional, yet friendly telephone manner and is able to converse confidently with fellow professionals.
• An enquiring mind and enthusiasm and confidence to challenge data.
• Enthusiasm to develop knowledge and understanding of defined benefit and defined contribution pension schemes.
• A confident user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access in order to maintain accuracy of client case records and ensure efficiency of all administration tasks.
• The ability to reconcile Cash equivalent transfer values for public sector pensions (desirable but not essential).
• To be able to check pension scheme documentation provided by administrators to see that it answers all questions posed to them in our request for information letters.
• To be able to analyse member pension data for accuracy and completeness and follow up with scheme administrators where appropriate.
• The ability and experience to manage own workload to ensure administration team meets daily and weekly quality of service targets.
• An ability to proof read reports before they are issued to instructing solicitors.
• To be able to confidently and accurately communicate with stakeholders including pension scheme administrators, instructing solicitors and occasionally Litigants in Person in a professional but helpful and customer orientated manner at all times.
There is a very competitive salary available to the successful candidate in addition to a an attractive benefits package including private medical insurance.
If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion about the role and the company. Alternatively, please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference and indicating your salary expectations.