Our client, one of the UK’s leading independent pensions and benefit consultancies, have a superb opportunity for a senior level pensions administration professional to join their respected team in Birmingham as an Administration Manager.
Our client is looking for an experienced team leader who is keen to take a step up into Administration Management or an existing administration manager looking for a new challenge with this specialist role that has been created following acquisition of new business and expansion of the Birmingham operation.
The role is as Administration Manager of a dedicated team, of a major client. The team consists of 10 including a team leader and experienced administrators of varying levels of pensions experience.
You will bring technical expertise, people management skills and client facing experience to guide and manage the team to deliver a quality led administration service.
On a day to day basis this would include but not be limited to:
• Work with the administration teams to ensure an efficient, accurate professional service is delivered in line with company values and standards.
• Preparation for and attendance at client and Trustee meetings
• Be a point of reference on technical matters and non-standard cases.
• Contribute to the resource strategy and recruitment plan.
• Encourage teamwork and team development by sharing knowledge, ideas and solutions, and provide positive and supportive leadership to the team leader
• Participate in monthly management TPA team meetings.
• Continuously review and update administration services to maintain service standards and Service Level Agreements (SLA) objectives. To monitor performance against SLA’s and to take appropriate action in ensuring that objectives / terms are met.
• Act as an escalation point for any client or scheme member complaints received by the Team Leaders, investigating and taking corrective action and responding to complaints.
• Assist in the continued development of the pensions administration system.
• Represent the administration department at internal and external meetings and disseminate feedback to the Practice.
The successful candidate will have:
• Proven, successful hands-on experience of pensions administration team leadership or pensions administration management
• A sound knowledge and understanding of TPA best practice principles and procedures within a TPA environment.
• Up to date knowledge of developments in pensions legislation
• Comprehensive understanding of pensions administration for all types of scheme and benefit structure.
• Strong commercial awareness of the market and of the commercial aims and objectives of TPA.
• Positive, confident and innovative leadership skills able to effectively and efficiently lead and develop a team closely aligned with the firm’s values.
• High levels of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated in the ability to build relationships, consult, influence and win buy in successfully.
• Confident and effective delegation skills.
• A team player with a motivational, hands-on approach.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive salary, award winning and comprehensive benefits package including an additional car allowance. The firm is committed to the personal and career development of all employees and this position offers excellent growth potential within a dynamic and growing organisation.
If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion about the role and the company. Alternatively, please send in your CV to email@example.com quoting the job reference and indicating your salary expectations.