Our client, one of the largest UK Pension Funds has a superb opportunity for an experienced Investment professional to join their team in the capacity of Investment Manager.
The overall responsibility is to support the Assistant Director, Investments & Finance with asset allocation and the strategic investment management of the Pension Fund and to deputise for the Assistant Director on investment related matters where appropriate.
Day to day responsibilities includes:
• Responsible for the assessment, monitoring and management of risk in relation to investments.
• Responsible for making recommendations on strategic asset allocation, recommending changes to strategy and investment direction and undertaking in-depth analysis of the individual investment portfolios.
• To assist with the development, implementation and delivery of the Fund’s responsible investment strategy.
• To deliver a high performing, customer focused finance service for the £ multi billion fund and to provide support to investment services decision making.
The post holder has the following principal areas of responsibility: –
1. To support the development and monitoring of the Investment Strategy Statement and make recommendations on potential changes as appropriate.
2. Investigative analysis and monitoring of investment issues across the Fund’s portfolios/investments including responsible investment issues.
3. Identifying factors which have a significant impact on portfolios/investments, both beneficial and detrimental. Making recommendations to improve performance and/or reduce risk.
4. To be responsible for sourcing, researching and carrying out due diligence within asset classes, and recommending suitable investment selection decisions
5. To be responsible for the review and completion of legal documentation, including limited partnership agreements and investment management agreements, as required.
6. To ensure effective processes and arrangements are in place to monitor the performance of both parent scheme and residual portfolios.
7. To support the Assistant Director, Investments and Finance in the contractual management of all external providers to the Fund in relation to investments, custody and performance measurement.
8. To be responsible for ensuring accurate reporting of measurement of performance of the portfolios liaising with internal and external providers to ensure timely reporting to Senior Managers, Pensions Committee and Pensions Board.
9. Interpreting investment performance information, analysing performance measurement and risk reports on a regular basis and highlighting issues accordingly.
10. To participate in staff development, appraisal and training as appropriate, including continuous professional development.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge:
The following candidate’s skills are essential:
• You will be educated to degree level or equivalent and will have progressed with Professional pensions examinations.
• You will have demonstrable experience within Investment and be able to show your ability to understand and interpret economic and investment issues and apply strategic thinking.
• You will be a confident user of financial software and understand performance management.
• You will have excellent verbal, written and financial skills.
• Investment awareness and understanding factors that affect the performance of the Fund.
• You will have the ability to establish and continue good working relationships and the ability to work effectively under pressure when required. You will also be able to position self and team as credible and trusted expert advisers both internally and externally.
• You will be self-motivated and committed to maintain professional and ethical standards
There is a very competitive benefits package including a salary of c £ 53000.
If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion about the role and the company. Alternatively, please send in your CV to email@example.com quoting the job reference and indicating your salary expectations.