Do you have experience within Pensions Accounting, Scheme Auditing or Finance control?
Our client a leading Global TPA are looking to develop a new, regional pensions accounting team and are looking for an Accounts Specialist to work alongside the Team Leader to help develop and grow this new regional function.
You will have a minimum of 5 years in the pensions/accounting industry gained from either an accountancy based Pensions Audit team or from a TPA fund accounting team. You will have solid and reliable pensions auditing experience, understanding clearly the requirements of a fund accounting team and the appropriate processes and legislation. You will have experience of the preparation towards and/or delivery of Pension Scheme Audits. You will have experience of managing a team, preferably accounts related either directly or through third party providers. You will ensure that all information and data is provided and resolution of queries are completed. You will be experienced in attending client/auditor meetings and be a confident presenter.
• The Specialist is responsible for providing technical expertise or subject matter expertise (SME) to support the Accounts and Treasury teams and the overall Business Area by:
• Being the key contact for Accounting and Treasury teams with regards to SME/technical knowledge including legislation, industry best practice, processes, systems and the market.
• Being a key contributor within the Legislation Governance Group, defining and implementing SME/technical/legislative changes in Accounting and Treasury.
• Driving SME/technical/legislative change & ensuring changes are adopted and cascaded to the relevant colleagues and teams.
• Working closely with Client Managers and client teams to ensure alignment with technical/legislative change.
• Providing SME/technical expertise to ensure all client generated escalations, complaints and corrective Actions are proactively managed to closure within agreed deadlines.
• Attending client meetings to discuss contracted services and opportunities for extending current scope.
• Using SME/technical knowledge to support the management of Clients: contributing to new client pitches, costing, transitions and ongoing operations.
• Facilitating and supporting the delivery of client specific change requests including technical and system related changes.
• Owning the Operations relationship with software suppliers, ensuring management of any technical issues and future development.
• Linking with other 3rd parties providers and other bodies (ie HMRC & Business Systems).
• Manages the interpretation and introduction of statutory and other changes
• Promotes compliance with the relevant FSA rules, Principles and Codes of Conduct
• Creating and driving best practice across the business.
• Identifying knowledge gaps and driving the development of technical knowledge and subject matter expertise across the business.
• Identifying and mitigating complex risks across the business.
• Working across all areas of the business to ensure a joined up and consistent approach.
Working with others:
• The Specialist will interact with both internal and external Clients building strong relationships to manage expectations regarding service delivery.
• The Specialist will by a key contributor to the Legislation Governance Group to drive technical change in Operations.
• The Specialist will work with Operations Leads and Directors to support service delivery across the Business Area.
• The Specialist will work with Operations teams and Team Managers sharing technical expertise and ensuring adherence to best practice.
• The Specialist will actively seek to develop own and Operations teams’ performance, skills and knowledge to maximise potential and contribution to the business.
• The Specialist will participate in external audits leading interactions with auditors.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge:
• Ideally part/fully qualified (CIMA, ACA or ACCA) or qualified by experience or equivalent
• Previous experience in an Accounting environment including experience of managing relationships.
• Proven experience of delivering large, complex projects across multiple locations and countries.
• Advanced level of knowledge of the relevant technical area, including legislation, market and best practice.
• Advanced level of knowledge of relevant systems and tools and how they operate in relation to the industry.
• Strong relationship management skills to manage stakeholders and challenging situations.
• A strong communicator, confident to express your own views and communicate complex messages in an understandable way.
• An ability to negotiate and positively influence the behaviours and decisions of others.
• Strong project and time-management skills, able to manage several large projects at the same time.
• Active listening to build a meaningful understanding of others’ perspectives: both clients and colleagues.
• Proven experience of interpreting and translating changes in legislation and requirements into standards and best practice.
In return you will enjoy a very attractive benefits package, above the market average, working for a leading provider of third party pensions services within a superb environment.
Call Susan Ford Recruitment today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion regarding the role. Alternatively, send us your CV today to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you.